Sunday, July 21, 2013

PSALM 42

As the deer pants for the water brooks,
so pants my soul for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?
My tears have been my food day and night,
while they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”
         
When I remember these things,
I pour out my soul within me.
For I used to go with the multitude;
I went with them to the house of God,
with the voice of joy and praise,
with a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.
        
Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise him
for the help of His countenance.
         
O my God, my soul is cast down within me;
therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan,
and from the heights of Hermon,  from the Hill Mizar.
Deep calls unto deep at the noise of your waterfalls;
all your waves and billows have gone over me.
The LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime,
and in the night his song shall be with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.
         
I will say to God my Rock,
“Why have you forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning
because of the oppression of the enemy?”

As with a breaking of my bones,
my enemies reproach me,
while they say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”
         
Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
for I shall yet praise him,
the help of my countenance and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment